[Bf-funboard] Re: Snaps

Erik Lundberg bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:33:18 +1100 (EST)

TWIMC
Further to ongoing discussion on snaps --> my 2 cents
I agree that fast modelling requires object snaps. Having snaps (ie precise modelling)
will also make development & use of boolean (modelling) operations easier. , AutoCAD's
extension, perpendicular and apparent intersection snaps & the smoothness when using
multiple snaps are great. I don't think much of AutoCAD for anything more complicated
than 2D stuff but these are two things that I often miss in other 3D packages. In FormZ
if there are co-linear segments, you can select endpoints, etc of the "top" and
"bottom" lines by moving the curser to the "left" and "right" of the segments.

I think endpoint, midpoint, center, perpendicular and intersection are a good minimum
set. A segment part snap would be great and when set to two parts it provides an
endpoint and midpoint snap.

As someone else said, including parametric snaps like in solid-edge would be cool too.
I hope this is usefull to someone.

Erik