[Bf-funboard] Character animation: Blender and Cal3D

Lukasz Stafiniak lukstafi at wp.pl
Fri Dec 17 23:23:14 CET 2004

Hi List!

Forgive me this newbie question, but: how is the character animation
supported in the Blender project? Does it have its own developments or is it
based on porting Cal3D? I know that Cal3D is ported to Blender.

I have decided to work on a "computer aided choreography" system. I'd like
to start from as much as good open source already out there as possible. A
quick googling suggests using Cal3D, and a huge community behind Blender
suggests a Blender framework. I'll need a good support for midi
synchronised with animation (e.g. keyframes timing not described in seconds
but with midi events like beat or user-selected points in midi composition).
It seems that the most ingenieering will be about controlled inverse
dynamics.

If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate!

Thank You in advance,
Best Regards,
Lukasz Stafiniak