[Bf-funboard] Re: Saving animated envmap

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Dec 9 11:38:41 CET 2004

Hi, I started this thread a while ago, and nobody
replied. In the meantime, I verified that NO, there is
no way to save an environment map (more or less as I
suspected). Asked in the forums about any chance to do
this thru Python, and got negative answers (well, I
must say: one answer)... so...

I turn this into a FEATURE REQUEST !! Tadaaaa.

I have a scene with lots of cars, this means, lots of
reflections ! Having a saved environment map for each
car (or at least a couple for those closer to the
camera), would help to speed up tests/final renders,
but currently I can't find a way to save ANIMATED
environment maps.

I made a quick test, by saving a static envmap, and
then loading it as an Image texture mapped in Refl
mode (to see if I could then load a Movie here). It
doesn't work, because it shows up with a 2x3 grid
pattern (which I suppose using the EnvMap type of
texture instead would get rid of).

Most of you will be thinking, Come on, use raytracing
!, but no, believe me, I might use it at final stage
of production but now it's a real pain t render the
animation using raytracing reflections...plus, I need
BLURRY reflections too !

Please give some feedback, this is like talking to a
wall  :-) !

Regards.

malefico.