[Bf-funboard] Modes & modes

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:28:08 +0200

Hi,

> Hello!
>
> Do you mean:
>
> tool -> hotkey
> mode -> menu
>
> ?
>
> (It should be clear, that tool or mode is a question of feel. Because
> a Tool (like rectangular selection) establishes a mode.)

Not really... a mode is sticky, permanent. After one border-select in
Blender the situation is back to normal. This is what 'non-modality'
defines. I think. :)
In photoshop all tools in the main toolbar are real modes. In Blender
almost all tools are not, but temporal loops that return to normal.
This is a very important distinction, influencing workflow a lot.

-Ton-