[Bf-funboard] Next steps!

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:58:36 +0200

Hi,

At the projects site you'll have to make an account first, but that
doesn't make you part of the projects itself. Projects at that site
consist of Members; for coding projects it means being able to write
code to the source tree. But also moderation access to forums, tracker
etc. Members can be allowed in by someone with 'admin' status,
typically the founders of a Project.

Everyone (even without account at the site) can suggest new features in
a Tracker, or post comments or reviews. Also this mailing list still
can serve as a main area for discussion on topics.

The purpose of this Functionality Board also is to give voice to
Blender users. Your concerns about Parenting/Constraints are as valid
as from any other maillist subscriber or project Member or admins.
Hopefully, with the discussions here, and using the tracker, we can
find a good means of communicating, and finding consensus on such
topics.

People who'll become Member of the project, are volunteers who commit
to do actual work as well. Like writing papers, reviewing submissions,
and organizing the feedback in such a way that actual consensis can
happen. The project then serves as a tool, not the platform where
decisions are made.

My proposal was not to give 'voting right' to members only. Nor to the
mailing list, nor as a poll at the forums. My proposal was to have this
decided on a per case base... I don't really know as well yet. Just
hope that we slowly get it all organized, and find out the best way to
proceed.

-Ton-