[Bf-funboard] fix stuff

Nathan Allworth bf-funboard@blender.org
20 Jun 2003 09:44:21 -0700

I admire your patience Ton,

What do you mean by "make the vertices bigger?"
>From what i understand, the slow armatures is a feature not a bug, read
this:

"So let's do the skinning now. It's the part when you tell the mesh how
to deform. You'll add vertex groups to the mesh. Each vertex group
should be named after the bone that will deform it. If you don't assign
vertex groups, the deformation process will need much more CPU power,
the animation process will be dramatically slowed down and you'll get
weird results. It's highly recommended (almost mandatory) that you use
subdivision surfaces meshes for your characters with low vertex count.
Otherwise if you use meshes with lots of vertices, the skinning will be
much more difficult. Don't sacrifice detail, but model economically, use
as less vertices as possible and always use SubSurf."

that's from the blenderchar website
(http://blenderchar.weirdhat.com/handtute/)

--
Nathan Allworth