[Bf-funboard] new task for the board?

Kent Mein bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:02:33 -0500

Maybe a good idea for the functionality board would be to
go through each of the current texture and sequence plugins on
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/plugins (and if there are others
out there that are not on that site of course)
and determine which ones should be tossed into the current version
of blender.

(I know a couple of mine are pretty worthless and should probably be
removed from the site ;)
gimpit and ppmotion, maybe all of the others are ok..., a couple of
them are duplicates or at least pretty close, I didn't want to be biased
so I just included whatever anyone sent me)

If I were included in the board my votes would be skip the following sequence
plugins:
flipflop (textures/flipit does same and a little more)
gimpit (never fully finished, it links to gimp but doesn't do
	anything the more I think about it I'm thinking I'll just remove it
	from the site and anyone that wants it can hunt me down)
pmmotion  and readvertex (too specialized and are sort of used for other stuff)

It would also be nice to maybe have a dir with python scripts in
it that have been approved.

This would at least be a start to better integration.
(and or we could make this a separate cvs repository sort of a blender
addon's directory...)

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu