[Bf-education] A Blender Sponsored Learning Assets CD

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 21:33:06 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM, amdbcg <amdbcg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be interested in more details on the learning assets CD - I'm
> working on building a learning library of templates as well.
>
> I am also writing a thesis on teaching  Blender3d/art/computer science in
> classrooms. The first test project is this week.
>  What ideas do you have on sparking a 1st grader's imagination or interest?
>  I was thinking of showing previews from BBB, a Blender3d demo reel, some
> gallery objects, BlendSwap, and some animations, then opening up templates,
> change colors in the compositor, and show them how to modify basic content
> and render out a scene. I have 50 minutes to schedule around. This is a nice
> opportunity to educate. Suggestions or ideas would be great!(I'm also trying
> to work with average attention span limits  ~ 6-10 minutes per video/demo)
>
> -Robert
> www.robertfornof.com

We really don't have any solid ideas yet. I was thinking of basic
stuff that is photo real and in scale to the blender setting, if you
turn on metric but standard would work just as well. That way a car is
car sized and a rat is rat sized. Other than that, I was thinking of
basic stuff that could be used to make any little movie.  I few people
some buildings some sets, a few plants and trees some furniture and
then textures and rigs and other stuff like that. A basic set that
could let a newbie make something cool in a few minutes.

I am very open to hearing others ideas on this matter.
--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: