[Bf-education] Who is "Greybeard"?

Prof. Dr. Gerhard Kauer loi-kg at arcor.de
Wed Jan 9 12:48:41 CET 2008

Dear People at blender.org,

I am a typical "newbie" for blender. I used 3DMAX before, but since a
friend told me to have a closer look to blender, I forgot that MAX stuff
quite soon. Thank you for doing such a fine job. I think Blender will
exist as "3D-standard-definer" in all future.

Well, to be honest, I was quite frustrated with the interface, first. It
was so confusing to me because of the overwhealming button inflation,
expressions and KEY-commands. Of course I downloaded (and even
purchased) blender tutorials in printed form, but it did not help quite
good to overcome the first barriers. But after downloading your
marvellous video tutorials and really WATCHING HOW someone does it, it
just made "click" and I am fascinated.

The best series of those video tutorials, in my opinion, were made by
"Greybeard". He speaks slow enough, so that people from abroad like mine
can follow easily. His way of teaching is superbe for beginners like me,
so that it makes fun to learn blender and encourages to get into that
blender-world.

Hopefully "Greybeard" likes to produce other video tutorials in future,
because it makes so much fun  to listen and so much effect in training.

Thanks for that.

Prof. Dr. Gerhard Kauer

P.S.: I do not know, whether bf-education at blender.org is the correct
address to send this mail to, but it was the only way to get in contact
with you.