[Bf-docboard] Help needed setting up documentation editing capability

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 22:19:58 CET 2018

Committed this, we should not be relying on git for our requirements.

Github supports svn access if this is really need. Otherwise we could
just bundle the theme with the manual (would prefer not, but think
this beats depending on git, which isn't simple to setup on
MS-Windows).

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 4:26 AM, Tobias Heinke
<heinke.tobias at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello Ed,
>
> That's because you haven't installed a git-client or it's not registered in
> PATH.
> Neither do I :)
> Just replace in requirements.txt line 3:
>
> git+git: // github.com | rtfd | sphinx_rtd_theme.git at e00 [...]
>
> with:
>
> sphinx_rtd_theme==0.2.5b1
>
> (the latest release)
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,
> Tobias
>
> Am 21.02.2018 um 17:52 schrieb Ed Diehl:
>
>> Hi, Tobias,
>> I got this error when trying to do this function,
>> pip install -r requirements.txt
>> Error [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified while
>> executing command git clone -q git: [path]
>> Cannot find command 'git'
>>
>> Suggestions?

- Campbell