[Bf-docboard] Blender Wiki Page Request for Add-on

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 10 15:02:13 CET 2017

Hi Zac,

This looks like a nice add-on, but thing is, our wiki is pretty much in
“dead alive” state, so we only create new pages for add-ons actually
released with Blender (or at least, in the 'testing' category). This is
currently not aimed as a general add-ons promotion site.

Did not check the code, but imho, if you plan to release it with
Blender, then you should rather aim at adding this nice feature to
already existing 'Add Mesh: Extra Objects' one. This means essentially
editing your code to integrate it in existing add-on, submit a patch
[1], get it reviewed by Brendon Murphy (meta-androcto) probably, and
then you can request a wiki account to edit the doc if needed. Or just
try to get your add-on added as-is to testing repo (but that means
submitting a patch and get it reviewed as well anyway).

Cheers,
Bastien

[1]https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/3

PS: Further discussion should probably rather be done on bf-python ML.