[Bf-docboard] todo statistics

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.b3d at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 19:56:01 CET 2017

Thanks Tobias for doing this. Now that we know where all the todos are
and from when we should spit these off into different tasks on Phabricator.
These tasks should explain what the todo is about, and where to find it.
Having these task can help new contributors picking up small tasks
that they can work on.

Thanks again,

Aaron Carlisle

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Tobias Heinke <heinke.tobias at t-online.de>
wrote:

> arg, upps mis-click :( sry -- the whole mail:
>
> Hi all again,
>
> I've recently tagged some of the ToDos with the version when the feature
> was added.
> This can be used for statistics, to easier find them in the release notes
> and prioritization.
> I did this based on the release notes. Which worked surprisingly well. I
> couldn't tag only 1/3 (unknown) -
> which not means they could be tagged at all, but it would take the ~same
> time as actually fixing them :)
> I used qualifiers like <, >, ~ for todos that couldn't be dated accurately
> by me (worst case: first mentioned in a bug fix) making the statistic a bit
> inaccurate (aren't that many).
> The todos from the Wiki are split from the rest.
>
> I also sorted them into categories:
> add: general introductory text, the others are (I hope) are self
> explanatorily, like re/move, rewrite, etc.
>
> With the 2.8 release we can draw a line by marking all todos pre 2.8
> (<2.79).
>
> Cheers,
> Tobias
>

> STATISTICS
>
> all: 469
>
> version stamp total: 153
> 2.4: 8
> 2.5: 3
> 2.6: 84
> 2.70 - 3: 23
> 2.74 - 6: 17
> 2.77: 1
> 2.78: 15
> 2.79: 1
>
> unknown total: 101
>
> add: 70
> add images: 3
> add example: 44
>
> remove: 3
> move: 11
> rewrite: 2
> error: 2
>
> Wiki total: 71
> add image: 5
> add example: 17
>
> rewrite: 2
> review: 36
>
> other: 33
>

> Per Chapter from total
> game: 48
> internal: 33

Aaron Carlisle

Picture taker | Bit cruncher | Pixel pusher | Document writer | Artist
Project administrator for the Blender 3D Documentation Project