[Bf-docboard] Add-on documentation in wiki or in manual ?

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Sat Nov 5 15:53:59 CET 2016

Hello Gaia,

There's the policy that add-ons are not doc. in the manual.

Add-ons currently in the manual:

  * Cycles :)
  *   Import/Export files (just a list)
  *   Pie Menu (my fault)
  *   Im-/export UV layout (on by default)

  Groups: Official/community, On/off by default

Still covered are official on by default add-ons.
The reason I added pie menus was, because the  information about it in
the wiki was scattered.

The  reasons I see  not to add them:

The manual already has over 1000 pages. (10 official on, 13 off, ~70
community add-ons),
Quality Assurance: the add-on author should be  responsible for doc. and
maintenance.
The wiki has personal pages, online editing.

IMO the upgrade to the new wiki is the best solution.
Or a separate repository for end user add-on documentation (probably
impossible).

Regards,
Tobias