[Bf-docboard] Original (higher quality) manual images available

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Tue Mar 1 18:07:06 CET 2016

Hello everybody,

|> The main advantage of BlenderWUI is the capability of applying
translation:
     1 screenshot - 32 languages
Translation can be done on client side or generated once and saved on
server side. (CPU vs. memory)
Using the same way Blender does it - no extra translation work!
Identify by ID and replace text. (loop, loop :)

But it need some tech behind it:
Script and cookie/ web storage - you don't want to select your language
on every manual page.
Or by selected manual language-version, but Blender UI has more
languages available than the manual.
e.g. manual: English - screenshot: Hindi

|> Can we write a strategy paper for the doc project:
Long/ short term goals
How do we deal with Blender version:
     When a new version comes out we create a copy and tag a new version
number on it?
What is the status of subproject:
      translation, older version merge...

|> I'm worried someone merge trivia from older versions in.
"The most popular and probably not colonized Mars has /g/ = 3.69" - now
your in the know
https://www.blender.org/manual/physics/introduction.html#gravity
I'm only writing this, because it's like throwing needles into a hay stack.

Tobias