[Bf-docboard] License for docs

Gottfried Hofmann gottfried at blenderdiplom.com
Sat Jun 25 20:07:01 CEST 2016

On 24.06.2016 22:00, Tobias Heinke wrote:
> I would declare the CC0 mark as invalid, because of the same reason you
> mentioned:
> Everyone would have been ask of her/his consent.
>
> CC-BY-SA is a legitimate successor of the discontinued OCL, that's why -
> IMO - no one has to explicitly agree.

It is not, OCL is more restrictive:

"You may not charge a fee for the OC itself. You may not charge a fee
for the sole service of providing access to and/or use of the OC via
a network (e.g. the Internet), whether it be via the world wide web,
FTP, or any other method."

All things CC-BY-SA allows.

Let's put it this way: Actually you cannot re-license OCL to CC-BY-SA.
But most probably no one of the old contributors cares (that includes
me, and I did not care for the switch to CC0, either).

In order to change licenses at will, the Blender Foundation would need a
CLA.

Cheers,
Gottfried

--