[Bf-docboard] New Documenation Contributor

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:18:21 CET 2016

Hello Danny,
welcome to the project :)

Looking forward to see your contributions on the tracker.

Best regards,
Francesco

On 11 January 2016 at 08:55:35, Danny Hurlburt (jm4dhurlburt at gmail.com) wrote:

Hello,

I've been in the software industry for over tens.  I've been primarily working on web applications.  However, I've always had a fascination with 3D graphics and games.  I first came across Blender back in 2014 when I was toying around with jMonkeyEngine3.  I was too busy to put much time into learning Blender.  However, I now have more free time available.  While reading the new, non-wiki documentation, I decided it would be a good idea for me to help polish the documentation as I read through it.

Because I am just learning Blender, I don't know that I am ready to make large, significant contributions.  At first, my contributions will just be polishing-like in nature.

Here is a list of the polishing I'd like to make while going through the documentation from start to finish:

  * Fix typos.

  * Fix grammar mistakes.

    - Misuse of commas.

      * Fix when "and, " is not followed by an independent clause.

        - Either remove the comma or make the clause following the comma independent.

      * Remove comma splices.

    - Add missing Oxford commas to list of items.

    - Etc.

  * Fix inconsistencies.

    - Add punctuation to figure captions. (I've noticed that some have it and some don't.)

    - Make sure things are referred to consistently.  E.g., *Edit mode*, *Edit Mode*, editmode, edit mode will all be changed to *Edit mode* or *Edit Mode*.

   * Add more links where necessary.

I'll be referring to a writer's reference as I make grammar and sentence structure changes.

There may be other categories of fixes.

I've read https://www.blender.org/manual/about/contribute.html and its related pages.

I'll probably submit patches for an entire top-level section (Getting Started, Interface, etc) or each sub-section as I finish them.

Let me know if there is anything else you'd like me to look out for while I read the manual.

Thanks,
--
Danny Hurlburt