[Bf-docboard] Original (higher quality) manual images available

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Sat Feb 27 20:51:18 CET 2016

Hi Campbell,

You got me, this is playing around, sure this has no priorty, but we get
into some type of discusion
There so much hunger in the world. How can you go fishing and letting
the fish go afterwards.
Because fishing is FUN (I've haven't done yet, I don't know).
And yes I'm working on the manual. BlenderWUI is just a do something
else sometime project - scripting (-programming).

We also have avoid get stucked into:
the low barrier vs. avoid drive by edits  discussion.
It's always going to be compromise and in my opinion not the reason why
there are few contributers.
3D-Graphics is complicated and the average Blender user is a hobbist and
mostly the artist typ.

People rather publish on there own blog than write an manual article.
What's the difference between a blog and the Blender manual:

  * name tagged on
  * jester's licence: what, true/false
  * art content, how to, tutorials

I'm not a friend of seeing competition everywhere. But we can't ignore it.

Every edit is a anonymous donation to Blender.
Section ownership is step in the direction to common donation handling:
on Github: contributers, MDN does a tag cloud with article authors.

Maybe we can find guest authors: scholarpedia style
http://scholarpedia.org/article/Color_vision
by asking people to merge there blog entry into the blender manual

Sphinx is just one of 400 Open Source static side generators.
And for Blender -against my personal preference- it's not a bad choice.

So dont let us get overwhelmed by the pile of problems. :)

Tobias