[Bf-docboard] Other projects wiki/sphinx migration

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Feb 27 17:40:05 CET 2016

Hi,

The somewhat frustrated (sorry!) response was because of a proposal to close down wiki and move to sphinx for developer docs. I think that would be a big mistake. And most people agree on first trying to upgrade and fix the wiki.

The user manual project has resulted in a fine and good looking manual, but not in a system that invites people to contribute to it. The threshold to get on board is huge. But the current contributors (even when only a few) do handle a lot of work. For that they deserve a lot of appreciation!

It doesn't take away the core issue though. But I am not pushing for an urgent change or solution there. We have far bigger issues to handle the the manual project! :)

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute