[Bf-docboard] Corporate Identity & manual structure

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Mon Apr 11 17:37:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

|> CSS override patches: why they don't break anything

How override works:

     HTML class="id1": color = blue | <- THEME id1: color = --red-- |
<- OVERRIDE id1: color = blue

If ID is changed:

     HTML class="id2": color = green | <- THEME id2: color = green |  <-
OVERRIDE id1: color = blue

Override CSS rule points at nothing and get not applied.
(there is the 1% chance that the old class id is used by a new HTML object)

With chance of deactivation by theme/Sphinx changes:
     - Color overwrite".org colors" https://developer.blender.org/D1871
     - Blender Icon before nav title https://developer.blender.org/D1908

Zero chance, because I define the class name ID's:
     - home .org header https://developer.blender.org/D1887
     - section descriptions https://developer.blender.org/D1899

I carefully designed it so, that the fallback works:
Demo "when worse comes to worse" shows RST changes only in theme styling:

https://github.com/tobiasHeinke/demo/blob/master/images/fallback.PNG
(I've deleted some section for the image)
(the margin moves the header - the clear:both issue)

Tobias