[Bf-docboard] Building the html pages

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 03:35:38 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Michael J. Fink
<michael.j.fink at outlook.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon/evening,
>
> I'd also like to recommend online reST editors that can export...
>
> __From HTML to reST (if you know HTML but not reST and wanted to hand off
> your product to another person for data-entry)__
> https://www.siafoo.net/html.xml
>
> __From reST to HTML (if you wanted to verify the look of the thing and don't
> want to bother with installing Python and Sphinx to do that on your local
> machine.  The reST code can then be submitted or emailed to another person
> to submit.)__
> https://www.notex.ch/ (exports as HTML or PDF or just copy the source reST
> code you used to make it.)
>
> Respectfully,
> Michael Fink
> BnBGobo99

I wouldn't recommend tools like this, It can't handle bold, title
formatting is wrong... I didn't check further but people managed to
write a lot of content for mediawiki (without a tool like this), so
don't see why it would be different for RST.

With existing RST pages as examples, you can fairly easily get the
basics and save yourself having to type in a lot of HTML tags.