[Bf-docboard] Current Status and Next Steps

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:01:51 CET 2015

Hi Abuelo,
You may want to expand in your criticism. I miss the point you are
trying to make. I don't want to get this thread side-tracked, but just
to clarify:

I'm not sure if you are referring to (1) the 'cumbersome' steps to
collaborate VS what was required with Wiki or if the problem is (2)
the eventual redundancy of work when two people work in the same part
(as it just happened).

1) I thought the benefits of the new system over the wiki were already
of common agreement. It's a tradeoff, and one we seemed to be willing
to take.

2) Wiki has a similar issue (if not worse) when two people edit the
same part simultaneously. Do writers feel less encouraged to
participate due to eventual redundancy of work? I don't know, we could
ask JET. But I can't even see the harm of what we did.

Anyhoo,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto