[Bf-docboard] On types of manual we want

Abuelo S. B. Chdancer playadance at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:05:03 CET 2015

Please let me know which of these types of manual appeal, or give examples
of on-line manuals that you have used for other software that you think are
high quality manuals, or what ideas you have about how a manual should be
(NOT what software version it runs on or what device it should be
compatible with)

Do you want a quick reference to remind how to use a command?

Do you want a simple English explanation of not just what it does but why
you use it?

Do you want a topic based manual - what things can be done, which commands
are relevant.

Do you want a teaching manual - (tutorials)

Please voice what you want from a manual, because if you don't you'll get a
massive glob of goo.

Also - what manual or source do you normally turn to  when hitting a
problem with Blender.

Also- what did you use to learn Blender?

Also - what were (are) the biggest hurdles in learning Blender