[Bf-docboard] The manual and the wiki

Fluff Rabbit fluffrabbit at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 00:01:57 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but I know that there are
certain other users behind this as well.

Since Campbell mentioned switching the manual from Git to Subversion, I
thought I would mention the notion and growing sentiment that the wiki
needs to be kept open for documentation that falls outside the scope of
the core manual. New wiki registrations are currently disabled and
users are encouraged to contribute to the manual instead, but what is
overlooked is the supplemental materials and documentation that the
wiki provides (tutorials, addons, et cetera). Said supplemental
materials and documentation are slowly falling out of date as
contributions to the wiki dwindle. I would hate for the wiki to go the
way of the dodo as it is replaced by a manual that is narrower in scope
and more selective about which materials are included.

Feel free to jump in.