[Bf-docboard] Moved manual from Git to Subversion

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 05:35:07 CET 2015

Hi, just a heads up to say we've moved from to Subversion for the manual.

Rationale:
- Better handling of binary files (with GIT everyone would have a full
history of all images _ever_ used).
- Easier to use for writers, (no need for SSH keys - username and
password from Phabricator are enough).

Note that git has many benifits and for Software development I'd much
prefer it, but we really can't overlook the issue with image storage.
We could have worked around it somehow, (using some external storage)
- but such a solution would make it even more complicated to setup, so
I'd rather keep it simple where possible.

Added
https://developer.blender.org/T43193

--
- Campbell