[Bf-docboard] Proposal for restructuring the user manual

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sat Jan 3 11:54:02 CET 2015

Here is a modified version for the navigation proposal with your
proposed changes:

     http://blog.machinimatrix.org/blender/manual/

While doing this navigation update i realized that the Blender manual
somehow "knows" that it is running within an iframe and it obviously
hides the Manual navigation sidebar by default. So this was not my
idea, it just "happened" :)

Now... what about taking this as a chance to create multiple
navigation trees for different purposes, like for example:

- Riggers tree
- Animators tree
- Modellers tree
- New Users tree
- Maya Users tree
- Reference tree (what we have right now)

Then others (third parties) could even use this method to create their own
special purpose manuals by reusing the blender "document nodes" and
create their own document trees (and add their own document nodes
as needed).

Maybe the documentation writers would need to pocket the idea of
writing "relational document nodes" instead of "hierarchical documents"
(whatever that implies).

And as you can see the navigation tree on our blog is not even hosted by
Blender.org but it just reuses the documentation "nodes".

cheers
Gaia