[Bf-docboard] Blender contest to fill up gallery with great new images.

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon May 6 10:15:39 CEST 2013

Hi Douglas,

Given the large amount of good community sites for artists, such contests or systems should better run there.

The blender.org gallery can simply stick to a compact overview of quality work people do with Blender. It hasn't been updated for ages, volunteers come and go...

I also think it's for blender.org more important to show *who* works with blender (like professionals, studios, researchers, game studios, etc) than showing that Blender is good enough to make quality graphics. We're past that point really :)

There's a couple of people working on a makeove for blender.org, a proposal will be available soon (1 week or so).

-Ton-