[Bf-docboard] Proposal to a new Section in the User Manual.

Ivan Paulos Tomé greylica at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:54:56 CEST 2012

Hi Friends !

Here is Ivan Paulos Tomé - greylica.

Today (09/07/2012), at the #blenderwiki channel, we've been
discussing a way to coordinate the wiki efforts,
and show to the users, what parts of the manual are being reviewed
and who is the responsible at the moment for each of the pages.

Brecht and Sculpjorm (I will ask Sculpjorm, his real name : )
were at the channel, and our friend Sculpjorm has showed us
a sheet with some names, as an example of
a page showing names and assigned tasks.

The page is located at his userspace, here:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sculptorjim/Page_Review

It was discussed, not only the page, but where to put a link pointing to
the page,
in a way users and documenters could easily reach the page.

I made a proposal, using an example of what I did in the Portuguese page,
to help us not only to show this page, but to show the following pages:

''About this Manual'',
''General Info'',
''Our Team'',
''Assigned Tasks''
''FAQ'',
''Glossary'',
''How to use this manual'',
''Books and more Resources''
''Documenter Meetings'', etc...

The example is here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:PT/2.6/Manual

Click on ''Informações Gerais''
(''General Info'' in english, we can also use ''About this Manual'' as an
alternative title )

If everybody agrees, I can create this section and put links to the proper
pages,
because we already have some of them in the wiki, but the links are outside
of the
user manual. (Glossary, etc)

There are lot's of benefits using this approach, and the localized
translators could
also benefit, because they can show their names in their respective
localized manuals.

Positive Vibrations !

Ivan Paulos Tomé
Greylica - My Brain is Grey Like Yours !
www.blenderfarmbrasil.com.br