[Bf-docboard] wiki updates

Jim Tucker jim.tucker at live.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 21:19:04 CEST 2012

Hi All,
Following the IRC blenderwiki meeting on Wednesday, and Kestens summary of the procedure
for a sprint to get rid of the backlog of wiki pages awaiting review, I have a proposal that might be useful to help the effort.

I have made a draft "Page Review" table, which you can see in:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sculptorjim/Page_Review
The aim of this page is to provide  a publicly-editable table to chart the progress of page reviewing.
I have filled in the first few rows as examples.

Proposal for use:
1) Kesten fills in column 1 (Page file name) and 2 (author, where known) with a new "sprint goal" of pages to be
reviewed each week.
2) Anyone  can then offer to act as reviewer (following the guidelines) for each page by filling in
column 3 (reviewer's name),
3) when the reviewer has completed his/her reviewing comments in the Discussion field,  they fill in column 4 (Date completed).
4) The author can then read the Discussion page, act on suggested changes (or not!), fill in Column 5 (date of review completion),
5) Finally the author pushes the page onto Doc2.6/Manual/ and fills in Column 6 (Date pushed to Doc2.6).

Hopefully this table will:
   a) keep everyone up to speed with progress in the wiki update
   b) let everyone select pages for reviewing according to their available time and interests,
   c) reduce Kesten's workload to a minimum.

Would this table help? Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome.