[Bf-docboard] Current state of wiki updating.

fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com
Sat Sep 1 17:19:48 CEST 2012

I know what you mean, I've got nearly 20 pages linked in the task list
(http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Wiki_Tasks/Review_2.6_Manual)
and again on my user page that haven't been reviewed. Some of these have
been sitting there since the start of February. Waiting 7 months for a
review has all but killed my interest in contributing. I'm also going to
be *that guy* and say that I called it
(http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-docboard/2012-February/003861.html).

I know that there was a lot of effort put into setting up this review
process but it hasn't worked and doesn't look like it's going to. There
simply aren't enough people with enough time to make this system work
properly.

Keeping the task list is useful, but I'm inclined to think that it's
time to ditch the whole review thing. At this point, it's just holding
up improvements to the manual. I know that it was put in place for
quality control, but it's had the opposite effect since none of the
contributions are making it into the manual and we're still left with
the incorrect and outdated pages.

The review system is just placing obstacles in front of current and
potential contributors and I'd rather run the risk of some lower quality
pages so that it's easier for people to contribute.

Cheers
Fade