[Bf-docboard] Manual Wiki Team Call

Rob Reid rob1reid2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 22:02:49 CEST 2012

> I'm replying here also putting in CC all those people (Simha, elhaj
> abid, Anurag Rana, Erickblender, Giovanni Gallo, Rob Reid) that gave
> their mail at
> http://www.blendernation.com/2012/03/18/blender-wiki-call-for-help/

Thanks!  This is new volunteer Rob Reid, and I have subscribed to
bf-docboard and created an account on the wiki (rob221).

Everyone interested, please propose your self in the writers columns
> and notify us here, so that we can starting building teams.

I'm available to help with any chapter, but I have put my name in the wiki (
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Wiki_Team#Roles) for helping with
the "Interaction in 3D" section. I'm new to the wiki and only a hobbyist
with Blender, so with that in mind, I hope you all will feel free to guide
me to some "grunt work" that I can assist with, at least at first.  I'm
looking at the recent call out for new wiki editors as a way to give back
to the Blender community.

A little more about me …  I'm a life-long Mac OS X user and an off-and-on
Blender user for 4 years.  Mostly, I just like fiddling in Blender, but I
have enjoyed exploring the new Camera tracker feature and am eagerly
looking forward to Bmesh.  The camera tracker development was the first
time I tried building Blender myself from the branches in Subversion.  I've
done my stints as a programmer, but never Python, and I haven't done
programming as part of my day job for a while now.  I'm fairly good at
documentation, which is one of the reasons I signed up to help.

Let me know where and when I can help with the documentation tasks!
 Perhaps someone can explain to me (or point me to an explanation) of the
meaning of all the columns as codes on the page
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Wiki_Tasks/Review_2.6_Manual   If
people will be guiding me precisely on what wiki task they'd like me to do,
perhaps I don't need to fully understand that page.  But if I should pick
up to-do items independently from this page, I'd like to make sure I'm
interpreting it correctly.