[Bf-docboard] Blender Reference

John Blain silverjb12 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 23:10:25 CEST 2012

Hi Pep,

I congratulate you on attempting to compile a Blender Reference. It would
be a great source to have especially for beginners. I fully appreciate the
complexity of the task and what I perceive to be your frustration at this
point. Having progressed so far it would be a shame to give it away. If you
started this in January you have made a good deal of progress. Any
undertaking such as this is going to take time and should be approached as
a personal interest or hobby which gives you a sense of  achievement. If
you can approach it from that perspective instead of thinking of it as a
chore which has to be completed then it will give you pleasure. I speak
from experience having spent several years writing a Blender manual and
being fortunate in having the book published. Perhaps you could consider
writing your reference for beginners and not attempt to include everything
in Blender. Remember also that any reference will require maintenance as
Blender evolves.

If you would care to see details of my work you can take a peek at my
website.

http://www.silverjb.limewebs.com/index.html

All the best,

John Blain