[Bf-docboard] 2.5 Wiki Changes

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 00:47:47 CET 2011

Hi Jared,

right now we're doing some review of the 2.5 manual and, sadly, we're
finding out that the 2.4 structure has not been respected at all.

Even tonight I see that you are keeping adding pages in the animation
section without following the 2.4 structure:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.5/Manual/Animation/Drivers

This is making our review much worse than needed, honestly. It has been
stated for 2 years (in the old banner) to use the sandbox or follow the
2.4 structure, but apart from one proposal page
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Sandbox/Doc:2.5/Manual_Proposal
you have simply kept working in the Doc:2.5/Manual not following the 2.4
structure...

Currently many chapters won't crosslink with the headers-menu for this
reason. I think in the current skin you have seen what I was meaning
with crosslinking: I can't understand why you keep not following the 2.4
structure at all..

Also, there are many pages with 2.4 screenshots, the driver page being
an example: please don't do that.

It has no sense to just fill the gaps with 2.4 content, because many
pages will appear as ready, forcing us to read the whole manual to spot
the problems.

The fact that we use a wiki doesn't mean that we don't follow some
rules; writing in a wiki means trusting that everyone follows the same
rules, otherwise, as this review has shown, it quickly becomes as mess,
which means bad user experience, and massive work for us to review :/

I would kindly ask you to work in the sandbox, and not in
Doc:2.5/Manual, for a while, until we sort out a bit the correspondence
among pages 2.4 -> 2.5, in order to make some order in the structure.

If you could talk more with everyone, your hard work would be much more
useful, and you would avoid the risk to see your work removed or heavily
edited, so best we discuss here or at #blenderwiki.

Thanks,
Luca

Regards,
Luca