[Bf-docboard] Comments on the refactored manual

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Wed May 12 12:10:06 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 05/12/2010 11:41 AM, Raindrops From Sky wrote:

> The distinction between talk/discussion pages is not clear to me.

A page is for the actual content, a the discussion page is for comments
about the page itself.

In general, please read the guidelines here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Writer_Guide

There and in the links to mediawiki.org you'll find everything you need
to know.

> I want to contribute to manual for Blender 2.5.
> While searching for the appropriate place to edit, I came across the new
> refactored version of the manual (in the "sandbox" path).
>
> Will the new manual for Blender 2.5 follow this new structure described
> in the sandbox branch?

 > In that case, I have some suggestions about the structure of the new
 > manual, here:
 > http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta_talk:Sandbox/NewAnimation

No, what you see there is just a work in progress to change the
rigging/animation part

The structure is the one you see at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.5/Manual

There has been discussion here in the near past, have a look at previous
posts.

The consensus is to get a better 2.4 docs for now and at due time we'll
adapt the 2.4 manual to 2.5 (screenshots etc.)

The structure of the 2.5 index has been discussed some months ago and
will seesome changes in the next future, in order to have less sections
with chapters are subsections, similar to what you propose, but not that
drastic :)

Regards,
Luca