[Bf-docboard] Proposal to postpone documentation start to beta 2.54 (means september)

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 12:54:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08/02/2010 09:10 AM, Louis du Pisani wrote:

> Or maybe I can make screenshots that correspond to 2.49 functionality?

Just making screenshots without actually writing docs is a bit pointless :)

> They can always be replaced.

OK, read the orange banner in manual pages: the plan is to keep the 2.4
manual as well as the 2.5 and next ones, hence we don't remove images or
pages.

 > (for instance we can put a little v2.53 label in the right bottom
corner?)

Better don't put labels in the image itself, because a screenshot can be
ok for next versions too, less work: to me the best thing is put the
version in file names.

Also, as soon as time will permits, we will start some automatic
screenshotting procedure, so I'd wait a bit with screenshots.

If you have time and will you could look at the todolist
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Wiki_Tasks
and provide some documentation in the sandbox, here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Sandbox

You'll find guidelines here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Writer_Guide
and