[Bf-docboard] 2.4 manual talk pages cleanup and wikitasks refresh

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 8 15:38:55 CEST 2010

Hi again,

In december mindrones wrote
(http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-docboard/2009-December/003472.html):
> Hello,
>
> since we're going to use 2.4 manual as a base for 2.5 manual, it would
> useful to clean all the talk pages in Doc:Manual to see if there are
> pending issues.
>
> It's very useful to read what people think it isn't clear or covered.
> For example some days ago reading some complains in a talk page I've
> been amazed to discover that Flymode was quite unexplained so I added
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/3D_interaction/Navigating#Fly_mode

Well, Luca managed to get all non-empty talk pages of the manual
gathered in one page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Wiki_Tasks/Bugs/Talk_pages

I’m trying to clean this when I can, but we need some help :)

If you’re interrested, here are some tips:
* take a talk page, read it (!), and if needed, update accordingly the
relevant page.
* The latest edited talk pages are shown first.
* When you find something you don’t know what to do about, add a signed
comment
   about the problem in the talk page. For example, there are contents
that are somewhat
   FAQ questions/content, mark them as such. The same goes if the remark
concerns
   Blender 2.5. Etc.
* Also, many comments are now outdated (have already been addressed), so
just delete
   them.
* Finally, delete the talkpage content you could address (leave short
comments about it
   when saving your edits…).

As a final advise, don’t bother about “modeling”, “constraints”,
“animation/basic”,
“animation/armatures” (future “rigging”) and “advanced animation”
chapters, I’ll do this
myself when the new content I wrote/am about to write is commited…

Regards,
Bastien