[Bf-docboard] wiki refactor: help cataloguing UI images!

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Sun Mar 22 15:26:24 CET 2009

Hello,

--- On Sun, 3/22/09, Kernon Dillon <kernond at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I thought I might chime in and
> comment on the issue of moving pages. Maybe I'm missing
> some of the details but I think that if pages are moved
> there definitely needs to be some automated redirecting put
> into place. There is a mountain of external resources
> (articles, tutorials, forum posts, blog posts, etc.) that
> link to specific wiki pages and those links will become dead
> links. Not cool at all.

no problem here, when we move pages mediawiki puts a redirect in the old page to the new page, it's just a renaming indeed.

The problem might arise when you move page A to page B, so that A is a redirect to B, then delete A so that the redirect is lost, or change the redirect to something else.

> Thanks for the efforts!

Thx :)

Regards,
Luca