[Bf-docboard] No Choice of License

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Jun 16 01:18:55 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:48 AM, Tobias Regenbrecht <regenbrecht at gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm definitely not a main contributer, but I would very much appreciate it if
> the blender manual would get a license that is compatible with the wikibooks
> license.
>
> This would allow it to copy from and to the "noob to pro" book, which would be
> benifitial for both sides.

The reason for this entire discussion is to do with the license of
scripts and other code that is in the wiki. The license of the
documentation itself is not in question - nobody has proposed to
change that from Open Content. What is in question is scripts, since
right now it seems that there's a blanket all-encompassing Open
Content license claimed for everything in the wiki, which may not be
so good for included scripts.

Matt