[Bf-docboard] Arabic interface

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:07:55 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <hali83 at cec.sy> wrote:
> Hi all   :-)
>

>     I want to translate Blender interface to Arabic language, I've
> posted an e-mail about this subject at {Bf-committers} maillist, but i
> couldn't get suitable support cuz most developer there interest in bugs,
> so i sent to you this e-mail hoping to get suitable support  :-P  .

Sorry for not responding earlier, it was on my todo list :)

> 1- The interface was wrong (1.jpg and its correction) although i
> used UTF-8 encoding for *.po file. what's wrong !?
> http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/22/140272/01.jpg
> http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/22/140272/correction.jpg

Not sure but please file a bug in our bug tracker. (you will need to
create an account).

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=125&group_id=9&func=browse

> 2- Arabic language need Bidi mode (Right to left), the default layout of
> blender is Left to right, how we can solve this problem ?

don't know off the top of my head - I'll find a dev to look at the
issue, please mention it in your bug tracker report.  (but don't file
a seperate bug)

> 3- Lot of strings not included in *.po file for that interface
> translation will not be completed, how we can you give us full strings
> for Blender interface ?

for now you could get the file from ubuntu rosetta - they do their own
extractions - however they will only be current to 2.37, hopefully
they will import a more recent build of blender soon.  I'll be looking
into getting updated pos into CVS but not sure when that will happen.
Since pos can generally be merged with future versions and the changes
will be small, it might be best to just use the most up to date you
can find for now.

> 4- We need *.pot file or empty *.po file to start translation process,
> can you give us one ?

likely easiest to download from rosetta, but also you could browse the
directory you get from below.

LetterRip