[Bf-docboard] 4th November Meeting Summary

Olivier Saraja olivier.saraja at linuxgraphic.org
Sat Nov 4 20:59:56 CET 2006

Le Samedi 4 Novembre 2006 19:58, Tom M a écrit :
> Also the previous manual had a very tiny base of contributors since
> the technical hurdles were high.  Adding technical and social hurdles
> seems of very questionable merit unless there are strong and clearly
> defined benefits.

Exactly my point of view. I'm volunteer for writing things, and I'm glad we
went from the previous DocBook system to the new Wiki one. But anything
impairing me in the writing process would probably discourage me from
writing: I really have few time in front of me. If I must wait for a patch
approval to see how my newly added/updated/modified content "behaves" with
the rest of the documentation (a global view of it, I'd say) I'll probably
loose interest in writing.

Well, yes. It's true that I didn't contributed to the Wiki since almost one
year (the time took to write my french Blender book) so perhaps my point of
view could be discarded as not valuable, but I guess many doc writers will be
impaired the same way as me.

--
OlivS