[Bf-docboard] Considerations for the next print version of the manual

Ewout Fernhout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Sat Apr 29 10:37:13 CEST 2006

First of all, a lot of work needs to be done to get the manual up to a
state where it could be considered for print, perhaps during the
summer people will get more time to work on this (I know I will).

It doesn't make sense to talk about the 100px, preference... You would
have to specify a zoom level for the interface (how many pixels should
every panel be?). Screenshots just don't have a high-resolution
version, and it doesn't matter. 100px on screen looks just as good as
100px in a book *for a screenshot*. Now for photo's, that's a
different story... Perhaps the example renders are the only thing that
could use a higher-resolution version.

What I do think is that in this digital age, not all the images should
be in color (although I found it difficult to work with the grayscale
material presets back then): The book should definately be supplied
with a PDF version of it!!!

I have some other ideas that make for an interesting SoC project, that
I will post on bf-committers after this, stay tuned :o)

Ewout