[Bf-docboard] wiki --> PDF

none none lots.of.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 23:46:15 CEST 2006

I've tidied up my script a little bit so here's the first release, a
number of things a broke, including but not limited to:

1) images float around in odd places
2) notes dont linewrap for some reason
3) long monospaced lines dont line wrap
4) tables are not yet implemented

Here are all the files you will need:

http://cs.nott.ac.uk/~ajm/blender/Makefile
http://cs.nott.ac.uk/~ajm/blender/blender.xsl
http://cs.nott.ac.uk/~ajm/blender/structure_en.xml
http://cs.nott.ac.uk/~ajm/blender/structure_it.xml

If you want to see what the result is like so far then have a look at:

http://cs.nott.ac.uk/~ajm/blender/manual_en.pdf
http://cs.nott.ac.uk/~ajm/blender/manual_it.pdf

I was going to make a page on the wiki explaining how to run it but it
seemed to be protected so I'll give a description here and someone
with the right level of access can put it on the web.

first you need to download all the html pages for a given translation
and the images in the uploads directory, this can be done via "make
download" in the script

then you either run "make en" or "make it" depending on what language you want.

The script requires saxon to run the XSLT script that turns the wiki
into latex, and then it requires pdflatex to turn the latex into a
pdf. The "make download" requires wget

All that needs to be done now is to fix the few remaining bugs and
then do a bit of styling on it to make it look a bit more trendy and
less 1960's maths text book :)

Comments, questions and help are all appreciated

Alex