[Bf-docboard] Fwd: Blender Interface Translation

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 11:01:25 CEST 2006

Hi recieved this email regarding translation,

LetterRip

Hello Tom,
I am a french user of Blender and I wish to translate its interface.
But I encounter three problems:
- First all the labels cannot be translated like sliders or text input.
Because we cannot have access to the variables.
- Then a translated button depends of the size of displaying.
I.e. if you reduce the size of the panels, the traduction can disappear.
(See the joined picture)
- And, to finish, if an object has the same name as a label button, the
object name is also traduced...
Example: a cube named "Bevel" (Why not ? :) is renamed automatically in
"Biseau" because a translated label is equally named "Bevel" (translated
"Biseau").

VidoLanc use the same type of traduction (LC_MESSAGE) but without problems.

About tooltips, a double line tooltips could be interesting.

Regards,
A.K.