[Bf-docboard] How would I join the documentation team?

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at elisanet.fi
Wed Apr 5 06:52:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

The other day I was thinking about ways in which I might be able to help
out, and came to the conclusion that maybe editing documentation could
be one of them (as a start at least). With whom should I discuss this?
Tom? I'm not able to do wonders, but I think I could manage contributing
a bit of my time at this. The problem is I have no clue about the way
you guys work on documenting blender, and probably need some guidance
with that.

One thing I'm quite dissatisfied with are the tooltips in Blender. On
many occasions they are really bad - as a vivid example I could mention
the 'render' button, whose tooltip says 'start the rendering' =) That's
just stating the obvious, and isn't in any way helpful. There are lots
of similar tips out there at the moment.

Cheers,
Mats