[Bf-docboard] Serious Issue: Versioning - Proposal

Tobias Regenbrecht regenbrecht at gmx.net
Sat Nov 12 22:34:02 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 12. November 2005 16:26 schrieb David Millet:
> Tobias,
>
> With every printing of the wiki content as the official blender
> documentation, pdfs will be created of the book content and stored for
> all releases.  Can the translation teams use those pdfs to create their
> documentation from?
If the time lap is not to great...

> throughout the wiki, you have a good point there, especially if
> instructions or labels are superimposed in English on the screenshots.
> In order for us to better suggest solutions for that problem, could you
> enlighten me on what the end goal is for the translated documentation,
> i.e., will it be released in a physical book format at some point, or
> will the content be delivered in pdfs or only in wiki form?
I suppose for now only in wiki form, but of cource the Blender Foundation may
do whatever it likes.

> Also,
> because these are translations, I assume that their state will always be
> a couple months behind the english version of the documentation?  How
> much time are we talking about here?
It may be between one hour and a year. It depends on how important the section
is, and whether one will notice the changes or not.

It would be a great help if the images would not change (or only in minor
details).

With kind regards
--
T. Regenbrecht