[Bf-docboard] Re: New question: Reference part

Ewout Fernhout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Sat Nov 5 11:17:13 CET 2005

> A question now: some weeks ago, stress has been placed on writing the
> reference part of the documentation. But this part is totally empty for now.
> Should it be written from scratch? Will someone import from the old
> documentation the material already written? What are we (volunteers) supposed
> to do?

If you read carefully, you would have noticed that even this week
"stress has been placed on writing the reference part" >> I just stated
that we will probably slim down the current manual to a more reference
kind of guide. That will probably result in a better reference guide
that when we update the current ref guide (that's my opinion though).
link: http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta/Restructuring_the_Manual
(feel free to add anything, or comment on the talk page etc.)

However, until this is done, it's not a bad idea at all to convert the
old reference manual, a lot of which can be recycled aswell. The
converted xml2wiki can be found here:
http://download.blender.org/documentation/xml2wiki/WikedReference.zip

don't worry about the images, I already uploaded all of them!!!

thanks!
Ewout