[Bf-docboard] Blender Documentation 2.4 etc.

Mike Roy commander_rockstead at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 01:25:38 CEST 2005

> There is plenty of gaps to be filled, just choose
> one and say that you will work on that!

Would love to!  It would be helpful to see the latest
compilation of the documentation (latest that I've
seen is from December 2004) so that I can see exactly
what has been worked on since then, and what needs to
be filled.  Unfortunately, despite searching the cvs
repository, and the "browse daily exports" link on the
projects page, I cannot locate anything newer than
several months old, and that seems to be just pieces
of xml code, not the complete documentation.

I've done some looking through the archives, I've
downloaded a few free xml editors, and at one point, I
remember I was able to download the doc sources
(although at that time I had no idea what to do with
it).  Should I locate newer sources, I may need some
help compiling them (if compiling is necessary).

I've also found the standards and guidlines written
"wayyy back" in 2002 through the archives.  I'll do my
best to conform to those standards.

Even though I am not very experienced with html/xml,
from what I've seen, it should be fairly easy to use
the existing documentation as a template.  So, with a
few links, and perhaps some guidance as to how
submissions to the doc project generally work, I'll
get started on something.  I should even be able to
deliver it to you in xml, which should save you some
trouble (correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, I
believe some have contributed in .doc .rtf,
openoffice-type formats, and they have been
converted).

Thanks for the help, and in the interest of keeping
the archives (and people's inboxes) clear of any
"newbie orientation," just say the word, and I'll
continue this correspondance only with you, and not to
the entire board.

Thank You
-Mike Roy