[Bf-docboard] Re: Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 4, Issue 8

Glen Moyes metsys at icubenetwork.com
Sat Nov 13 06:19:13 CET 2004

> about subject, is possible to share/write script (text) of each video-tute for translation and dubbing?
> Often the speaker's text is improvised but may be organized and alligned with official book!

Translations would be nice. I'd be more than happy do have someone do that. OGM might be a good way to deliver those files, since audio tracks don't take that much more room compared to the video. That way we could have multiple audio tracker for the same video. If anyone can translate I would be happy to make a dubbed version of the video.

Most of the dialog is actualy prepared in advanced, with some sections improvised.

The videos are ment to be aligned with the Blender Documentation. That was the whole idea. The format is very similar and some of the dialog does come right out of the official book. I'd like to have this project, along with the tutorials and documentaiton project to be merged somehow, so that after you read a chapter in the documentation you can watch the video and get other tutorials that cover the same topics.

> A nice collection of videotutorials in VHS/DVD/CDROM would be a valuable item for the E-Shop...

Ton and I talked about that. A DVD collection would be a big help for the Blender Foundation. The only problem I forsee with that, besides the initial investment of making the DVDs, is that because NTSC and PAL are relativly low resolutions in addition to TV quality and overscan, more post-processing will be needed to make the tutorials effective. GUI zoom-ins, captions, etc. would be needed. Converting from PAL to NTSC is easy.

I have a BitTorrent Tacker up on http://glenmoyes.com/bittorrent/. Everyone is welcome to use it for Blender stuff. Just create an account and upload.