[Bf-docboard] software tools 'XML'?

Martin Middleton bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:06:45 -0500

Actually, XML is a markup language, just like HTML, XHTML, and SGML.

DocBook is general purpose XML and SGML document type particularly well
suited to books and papers about computer hardware and software (though it
is by no means limited to these applications).

If you want to learn all about DocBook (the method used by the Blender
docboard to generate the manual), take a look at "The Definitive Guide to
DocBook" located here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/reference/html/docbook.html