[Bf-docboard] software tools 'XML'?

Joseph bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:39:11 -0800

Landis Fields wrote:

>Martin,
>
>Awesome! Thank you very much! Ok, so now that I have a bit of an idea, what
>exactly are my options as far as tools are concerned? Now, I know that you
>said you could use notepad or any other text editor assuming that I already
>know the various tags for XML, however, what if I was looking for something
>to attach the tags for me (kinda like dreamweaver does with html)?
>
>Thanks ahead of time.
>
>Cheers,
>Landis

Hi, I'm new to this list, and I'm only redoing screenshots of tutorials.  W

What everyone is saying is kindof confusing.  As far as I know, XML
isn't any specific language, it's a specification.  XML is simply a set
of rules to follow when creating a markup language.  For example, an
office program (non-Microsoft of course) might save its files in an XML
file format.  A new version of HTML, XHTML, is currently being widely
implemented.  So, what's this "XML" you are all talking about?  DocBook?

joeedh