[Bf-docboard] additional benefit

Martin Middleton bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:25:19 -0500

DocBook definitely supports index generation and has support for arbitrary
lists of secondary and tertiary elements as well as "See" and "SeeAlso"
elements.

While I never got around to completing the chapter on setting up various
environments for DocBook (for an Appendix in the Blender Guide) I can say
that support for doing this exists on pretty much every platform (including
Windows). Once the Guide is unfrozen, I'll finish putting together doc for
an Appendix  explaining how to do this on multiple platforms.

BTW, while there are commercial solutions, I've only been looking into Open
Source, or otherwise free solutions to working with DocBook.